What has been going on?
- Summer 2018 Programs:
- Girls in Groups 1/2 went weekly to Bristol Public Library for a program with the Children's Department.
- Girls in Groups 3/4/5 went twice weekly to Bristol Public Library for a book club and movie with the the Teen Department.
- Sullivan County Health Department came in for 4 weeks to deliver program to Group 1/2.
- Highlands Fellowship Church came weekly to deliver a special program to Group 1.
- Group 1/2 were able to go swimming at Virginia High School.
- All Groups went swimming at Tennessee High School twice a week.
- Bible Club comes every other Tuesday to deliver program.
- Heather Dotterweich came weekly to teach yoga to our Group 4/5 girls.
- Ben Talley lead a hike a Sugar Hollow Park with girls in Group 3/4/5.
- 2018 United Way - Week of Caring Projects
- Chiltern - Sponsored 25 girls to visit Hands On! Museum and sent 2 volunteers to help.
- Aetna Health - Sent a volunteer to help on the the Hands On! Museum trip.
- BRMC In-Patient Pharmacy - Sponsoring our wish list and bringing lots of much needed items.
- 96.3 The Possum Radio Station - Sponsoring an ice cream party and having ice cream sandwiches for every girl.
- Deloitte US - Sponosoring a work day and brought donations while sending over 30 people to landscape, paint, clean, organize, put baseboards down, work on our computers and so much more.
- Wellmont Hospice - Sponsoring a day to clean and detail our vans.
- Tobacco Free Videos
- Haley's Girls Against Tobacco video for Youth Advocate of the Year!
- Girls Against Tobacco Video
- National Kick Butts Day
- Little Free Library - Located right in front of the main entrance. Free to use "Take a Book, Bring a Book"
- Clothes Closet (Donation Station) - We have moved into the trailer across from the alley. We have clothes and household items for members and the members families.
- Fuel Her Fire and She Will Win Video